There are many reasons why you might want to build your own greenhouse. If you wish your gardening season was longer and you want to save money on seedlings plants and food. Or you love fresh food and you enjoy beautiful and gorgeous plants, a greenhouse is for you.
Here are a few tips on how to get started:
- First, decide what you want to grow.
- Figure out where you will build your greenhouse. Will it be an attachment to your home, garage, shed, barn, or other structure?
- What type of greenhouse should you choose?
- Will it be glass or plastic. Both glass and plastic sheeting are available to cover a greenhouse frame.
- Will it have heating and cooling? Take this into consideration when planning your greenhouse project.
- Consider water, pests, and fertilizer. Do you need to install a hose or spigot so you can have water on hand? You can get insects in your greenhouse so you have to figure out what plants can tolerate them. One way to generate fertilizer and heat is by creating a compost pile in the corner of your greenhouse.
Greenhouses are a great way to save money. You can recoup the investment of your greenhouse in no time once you take a look at how much you are saving on store-bought seedlings, vegetables, and flowers.