Is your garage door panel damaged? If so you might be wondering if it’s a good idea to replace the panel or the entire door. It may seem more cost-effective to replace just the panel, but sometimes it’s not the best solution. In the long run, it may cost more when you have to replace the garage door panel again
When to replace the garage door panel:
- If you only damaged one garage door and your garage door is less than 10 years old.
- When one damaged panel is unattractive to the eye.
- If you use your garage for storage only, it may be more cost-effective to replace one panel.
When to replace the garage door:
- Your garage door is more than 10 years old and the garage door has a significant amount of peeling or cracked paint.
- Your garage door is a model that does not support the purchase of individual panels.
- They are dents in multiple panels.
Replacing a garage door panel:
A missing or broken spring is dangerous. A miss placed or misaligned panel can cause the door to operate incorrectly, leading to a falling door or a door that goes off the tracks. Often when a door gets stuck or slow our natural inclination is to push or pull the door to get it moving again this is where problems can occur and lead to injury.